Five Generations of Mikkelsen Women
The Mikkelsen Women
Share this Resource
Resource CategoriesG is for Generations
This photograph, taken around 1922, shows five generations of women in a direct line, the oldest two of whom were immigrants.
- Kathrine Marie (Petersen) Mikkelsen was born in 1828 in Adserballe parish on the island of Als in Sønderborg County and lived to be 100 years of age.
- Catherine Mikkelsen Christensen (1855-1925) was also born on Als. Her daughter,
- Dora Christensen Bonnesen (1880-1946) was born in Marne, Iowa. Her daughter,
- Clara Marie Bonnesen Rubel (1901-1986) was born in Audubon County, as was her daughter:
- LaVonne Elaine Rubel (1922-1924).